Bruce N. Ames Media Downloads
In the News:
Nutrition and Metabolism Online Presentations:
- Link to the Nutrition & Metabolism You-Tube webpage
- Bruce Ames - Poor Nutrition Accelerates Aging & Obesity Presentation
- Institute for Human & Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, Florida.
Lecture Title: Vitamin and Mineral Inadequacy Accelerates Aging-Associated Diseases, March 13, 2014.
- Johns Hopkins University 7th George G. Graham Symposium: 100th Anniversary of Discovery of Vitamins Keynote Address.
Lecture Title: Vitamin and Mineral Inadequacy Accelerates Aging-Associated Diseases, December 3, 2013.
DSM article on TalkingNutrition
- Kopriva Lecture at Montana State University Lecture. Lecture Title: Vitamin and Mineral Inadequacy Accelerates Aging-Associated Diseases, April 16, 2012.
- ACS Lecture. Conducted at the 242nd ACS Annual Meeting in Denver, August 2011. Lecture Title. Putting Health Risks into Perspective
- OCC Lecture. Conducted at the OCC Nutrition, Oxygen Biology and Medicine, 4th Symposium in Paris June 2011.
- Bruce Ames Lecture at the University of Southern California, School of Gerontology
Thursday, October 20th, 2008.
- Bruce Ames online lecture series
These series of lectures contain Dr. Ames' 3 most important topics, namely, preventing aging, accelerating aging and the topic of cancer prevention. The videos are hosted and streamed from VEOH.com.
Click here to to main lecture page.
- Your Own Health and Fitness Radio Talk Show Interview (11/22/05). (Requires Internet Order)
- UC Davis Nutragenomics Lecture (preceeded by Bruce Ames receiving the Thomas Hunt Morgan Award) - Real Player Media Stream. link added 11/22/2004
- Science in the Service of Humankind: The Struggle against Poor Health and Cancer Lecture (3 PDF articles), part of Science, Technology, and Values in the Global Arena: Living Longer, Living Better? - course taught by Dr. Urs Cipolat, Instructor (Interdisciplinary Studies, University of California, Berkeley link added 4/20/2004.
- The Green Room interview. Conducted at the George C. Marshall Institute in 2001.
- Lecture files are also available for download from this site: 1. Part 1 (PDF) 2. Part 2 (PDF) 3. Part 3 (PDF)
- U.C.S.D. T.V Lecture. You will need to have RealPlayer installed on your PC or Macintosh, in addition to an internet connection that has enough bandwidth to view this as a movie file stream. download -- http://webcast.ucsd.edu:8080/ramgen/UCSD_TV/8343.rm.
- UCB Vancouver interview. Conducted at UBC Vancouver Institute in 1990
- Bruce Ames TheScientist Profile - Mutagens and Multivitamins by Megan Scudellari Sunday June 1, 2014
- A podcast by Kiefer. August 2012. This interview provides a brief history of Dr. Ames' work in the field of toxicology.
- Interview from The Commonwealth Medical College at Penn State. April 12, 2012.
- ACS News Briefing. Conducted at the ACS National Meeting in Denver, August 2011. Dr. Ames discusses the unfounded pesticide concerns.
- KQED Forum, with Michael Krasny: Micronutrients and Nutrition. Recorded interview available as a stream or mp3 download from the KQED Media Archive.
- University of California Press Release:Megavitamins may be useful treatment for many genetic diseases, or just good insurance to tune up body's metabolism. April 4, 2002
- Discover interview - Bruce Ames discusses his theory on how to slow the aging process. B Karen Wright, October 2002
- Lucille Day (1988) interview of Bruce N. Ames In: Science Year: The World Book Annual Science Supplement. World Book, Inc. Chicago. pp 338-349.
- Bruce Ames Awarded the Thomas Hunt Morgan Medal and Nutrigenomics Symposium Presentation. http://media.ucdavis.edu:8080/ramgen/Nutritional_Genomics/Bruce_Ames_350.rm
Bruce Ames Classes & Streaming Video Lectures:
The blog has been shared via twitter (@DSMNutrition) and facebook accounts
Other Websites containing Bruce N. Ames information
- Institute for Human & Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, Florida. Lecture Title: Vitamin and Mineral Inadequacy Accelerates Aging-Associated Diseases, March 13, 2014.